Tuesday, October 28, 2008

the day i saw DEATH !

.








25th Oct 2008, FASTian picnic, Hawks' Bay, hut # 39-C
the event was arranged by DECS (drama and extra curricular society), humayoon leading the team, and was a blast, but the first thing FASTian beach picnics lack are safeguards, even though we realized the importance for lifeguards back in 2006 when NOMAN Bashir almost SANK there in the arabian sea. The incident was terrifying and sent chills in everybody's nerves back then. It urged me to learn swimming and watch the lifeguard programs at NAT GEO.





This year... the beach was quite calm, umm.. not really.. but it wasnt harsh and fast either.
Me being a non-swimmer and a total blindoo(w/o specs), love to and prefer to stay on the shore... but this time.. it had to happen yara!
i thought i am having the best of my life in water, and i kept on walking deep and deep, robin and bubbles were with me toh, i wasnt supposed to have any fear.
i took a step forward... and isntantly... gurup!
i was IN, in there... my feet didnt touch the ground... it was a wide ass PIT thr...
i made my first thrash....and managed to come up.. saw robin thr, he was not more than a feet away from me... he had no idea keh am sinking... i didnt get the hold on the thought keh am sinking... i had a feeling its a usual jerk and i can manage it, second gurup! another thrash and the waves took me away, a feet deeper in the sea, i called out for robin, "rowaid pakar zara yaar", he grabbed my hand, i tried to pull myself towards him, but duud... i was sinking... and eventually i was pulling robin with me, realizing the fact keh ghouri is going DEEP and is taking me along, he let go off my hand, to get himself a good grip on the ground first. I too let go his hand, that VERY moment, that particular fraction of the secondmy whole life flashed in my eyes. I remember each and every act of my life, by each and every i MEAN it. I KNEW i was surely going to die, i knew it. I tried to recite my last dua's... but honestly i cudnt recall any, forgot the surahs, forgot the qalimas...
this thing made me realize keh am not a gud muslim i guess... but the fact that i had the sense to let go rowaid so that he doesnt sink along with me, gives me a pinch of a feeling keh am atleast good human inside. toh...
with the third thrash against the water... i manged to come up once again. and THIS time... i started fearing death..

ab phatttt gaye !

i shouted... "rowaid pakar yaar.." i was in my senses enough to not panic and make him more nervous... warna saala mein bhi jaata aur woh bhi :P
but he is not a lifeguard and yah.. he doesnt know how to rescue.. by this time... usko idea hogaya tha keh ghouri bhai jaa rahe hein...
he grab me and shouted for bubbles who was about a feet away. Bubbles saala ullooo ka phatta, he stood thr smiling and looking at us, though he had no idea keh kia ho raha hey... but robin was shouting his throat out then.
Ultimately babloo pulled robin, robin pulled me, and i was thr on the shore, trying to digest the fact keh mein bach gaya!

it was enuff to ruin my day and the picnic. i changed clothes and sat thr in the hut clicking photos all day!

the PUNCH is keh... the incident mademe realize how evil a person i am, how sinfull i had been my whole life, the life which flashed after me didnt show my pure good deeds, or maybe i hadnt been nice enuff to perform some :-/
Hereby i offer my apologies to any person living, reading this keh i AM VERY SORRY if i had ever done bad to u.

some names i'd mention here

DADDY - the man, affected the MOST by me. whatever SHIT i do, hes the one to clean it... i love u daddy, and am sorry i didnt live upto ur expectations.... but u dont know.. i try my best to do so... i wish i cud ever tell u, how much i love u.
Mama i am really sorry for the quarrels, shout fights we had
ammi jan for the hatred i used to show, u KNOW i love u!
ma'm nazia
sir ravi
chota
syed ahmed hussain
rameez bin saeed
bushra siddiqi - i had been a real pain in the neck for ya, apologies aint enuff, i hope this makes at least a tid bit of any difference
basit sheikh

with an aim to live a better, meaningfull life, and a promise to be more religious and loving to the ppl around me....
i wish u all best of luck
this is talha ghouri, signing out!
please forgive me...
if i die, i hope i get a chance to meet u in heavens !





.

12 comments:

Ifrah Waqar said...

I can totally understand how you must have felt, I also have been through such an experience when four dogs almost ate me up...and I know at the very moment, all you want is to ask forgiveness from Allah!
It also made me cherish all that has been blessed upon me by Allah!
You know what Talha, reading you post made me relaize something, there is one friend, I need to thank right now :) hope you are well now...
Takecare!
Chao!

Ghouri said...

dogs???

O_o
my gawd!

i thought sab bura mere saath hee hota hey!
:D

aik cheez practice mein rakho... jab bhi free ho... please thank Allah atleast ONCE!
he has given us soo much... we cant even count !
and let the ppl u love, know... keh u LOVE THEM!:)

Anonymous said...

Talha yaar ur nice person yaar !

I found a very close friend in u !

wese aik bat hai agar tu mar jata to thoda sakoon ho jata :D

just kidding ..... love ya man!!!

Hina said...

It is said that the whole life plays like a movie in the head of a sinking person. Praise be to Allah who saved you!

Not remembering any surah or the kalima is scarrry!!! If death should come to us, may it be when we are in the height of our iman and may our last words be in praise of Him. Ameen!

Ifrah Waqar said...

Thankfully I do that everyday, in each of the five prayers, I make it obligatory for myself to thank Allah for all that He gave me! and Yes, you're friends are right...you are indeed a very nice person! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh crap, OH CRAP! You are aliveeeee!!!!! =DDDDDD
I guess these are the moments God makes us infidels experience and these are the opportunities that truly ameliorate us. Shukar hai! -hugs-

Unknown said...

.

aaayyiiitaaaa...

bhai u didnt told us this story yet at home to us ....

beta i gone through smae scene whem i was 8 .remembered in abu dhabi ..thanks to AllAH ..that unknown person from unknown quarter save me ...

warna TERA KIYA HOTA KALIYA ....

likin ..AB TU SUDHAR JA .. :D

Mahmood Zubair said...

hey dude!!!!!!!! u have got to me shitting me the water was 3 1/2 feet deep that half ur height

Ghouri said...

.



@bubbles
thats the same thing u thought at that moment and didnt catch me earlier!
:D

u shd have seen our fucked faces afterwards



.

lubna said...

Its very thought provoking....its scary...I wouldn't want my sweet lil bro in any trouble....

Everyone of us have have immense room of improvement...your post made me realize that when I die, I surely want to remember my kalima...

FizZzY said...

amazing post..thou it's quite scary..i felt my heart was sinking while reading....but it touched me! =)

may Allah bless you.

Anonymous said...

Comment intégrer une liste de lecture de musique sur mon blog wordpress?